With over 1.2 billion people accessing the Internet via their mobile devices, the question brands need to ask themselves is: Is our site mobile ready?
You can check your site’s mobile-friendliness through Google’s GetMoMeter. You can assess how your site looks and performs on mobile devices by entering your URL. Google will then ask you a series of questions crafted for your specific industry. Google GetMoMeter will give your mobile-friendliness score based on the loading speed, images, text and navigation criteria.
You even get a free report on your site’s overall performance,
tips for improving the mobile-friendliness of your site based on your business,
and a personalised advice for your site.
*Why go mobile?
- Because mobile searches have exponentially grown by 400% since 2010
- 71% of users expect a mobile site to load as fast as a desktop site
- 57% would not recommend a business with a bad mobile site
- 40% have turned to a competitor’s site after a bad mobile experience
- 61% of users call a business after searching and 59% visit the location
- 63% prefer mobile sites over apps for purchasing
- 50% of mobile searches lead to purchase
Smartphones and tablets are projected to be as commonplace as feature phones by 2014. As it is, half of all mobile web users don’t access websites via PC at all. And with the ever increasing need for quick, accurate and relevant information, the best performing mobile-friendly sites will get the most business.
So, it’s time to GetMo! Gets Mo? (Get it?)
*Data from Google GetMo